Virtual Pharma Fund Raising.
Virtual PharmaCo focused on generics business wanted to raise funds in order to develop their products portfolio and acquire another pharma company - including physical assets: manufacturing plant. An investment bank was in charge of pitching this business opportunity. An investment firm made a preliminary assessment of this pitch and required Larka to support them with market analysis and forecast.
- European company
- Investing in Europe
- 35 employees
- 800mn EUR of available funds
- 1.7bn EUR AUM
- Multi-sector investment approach
- Mid-term investment strategy
Larka's Scope Of Intervention
Larka supported its client with accurate business intelligence, which covered:
- Data collection of all Market Authorizations (MAs) registered between 1970-2000 in France
- Data collection of all MAs transferred between 2012-2016
- Details on transfers: product name, API, MAs delivery date, market launch date, name of seller and acquirer
- Qualification and identification of each transfer: internal transfer, company acquisition, portfolio acquisition, product acquisition
- 5-year sales performance history and forecast of matching MAs
- Competition assessment: market evolution, competitors profile and business model, competitors' performances
- Market potential: future strategy of MAs sellers, market opportunities, growth & consolidation
- SWOT analysis
Based on Larka’s preliminary assessment and recommendations, the investment firm decided to give up participating in the auction.