Beyond The Line...
PharmaCo was planning to expand its sales to emerging countries. Some of these countries had protectionism rules, making the PharmaCo manufacture locally. As a consequence, countries pharma business environment and manufacturing options needed to be assessed.
- Based in Western Europe
- BigPharma, multibillion-euro revenue
- Contracts over 600 CDMOs all across the world
Larka's Scope Of Intervention
Thanks to its local consultants, Larka performed a precise and up-to-date market report in every one of the thirty emerging countries,which included:
- Pharmaceutical market data
- Country's macroeconomics
- Pharmaceutical sales break down - prescription, OTC, patented, generic drugs
- Pharmaceuticals imports and exports
- Local production
- Health system overview - social security system, special schemes if any, healthcare plans, etc.
- Government orientations towards the healthcare industry - potential barriers to entry
- Regulatory aspects
- Product registration
- Pricing system
- Reimbursement regime
- Thorough screening of all the pharma manufacturers with a detailed profile which included:
- Health certifications
- Their capabilities in terms of finished forms and special containment
- Point of contact for any business-related issue
- Other information such as number of employees, plant location, etc.
Based on Larka's recommendations and reports, PharmaCo was able to review its manufacturing and supply options in every of the reviewed country - whether the solution was to contract another manufacturer, set up its own manufacturing plant by building it or acquiring an existing site, or staying out of the country.