Is There A Market?
Biotech company was developing an investigational peptide drug - PhIIb - being evaluated for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting - CINV - and wanted to make sure this market had not been fully addressed by other players - either with tailored or secondary treatment.
- Based in Western Europe
- Mid-sized company, over 500 employees
- Speciliases in several indications and their side effects
Larka's Scope Of Intervention
Larka performed a market assessment for the indication that would be covered by PharmaCo's product, in Europe and North America:
- Overview of global cancer supportive care market and market trends
- Main players and drugs
- Main cancer indications
- Identification of commercialised and in development cancer supportive care products for the prevention of CINV and related sales
- Identification of cancer treatments inducing nausea and vomiting and related sales
- Identification of commercialised injectable peptide-based drug products and related sales
- Technology analysis in Europe and North America
- Life cycle management analysis in Europe and North America
- Client's novel treatment business analysis
Based on Larka's recommendations and report, PharmaCo decided to go further with clinical trials on this treatment. Indeed, business analysis showed that no treatment covered this indication specifically, with a substantial market growth expected in the future due tu cancer prevalence.